Power up Malaysia with English
Local Facilitators are key members of the BI1M team. They are young, dynamic, fresh graduates who have a passion for social causes. They are teachers and teacher-assistants to English Trainers. With over 15 locations to choose from, live, travel and work in a different environment in Malaysia, and most importantly, make an impact! Tasks include teaching, lesson planning and classroom management. The training for trainers starts on 1st of June 2017.
Scroll down if you want to find out and apply
What do I get?
Allowance RM 2,000 per month + EPF and SOCSO;
Bonus of RM 3,000 based on performance upon completion of contract
What is working in BI1M like?
What do I need?
- Malaysian citizen;
- High English proficiency; Written and verbal;
- Minimum education requirement: Bachelor’s Degree;
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply;
- Proficient IT/internet knowledge and skills;
- Passionate about English training, community development and nation building;
- Leadership and management skills;
- Flexibility in working schedule, readiness to work in both conventional and nonconventional classroom settings;
- Demonstrated interest in education, NGO and poverty alleviation issues;
- Good communication skills;
- Excellent organization skills with great attention to detail;
- Thorough and methodical approach to work.
If you do not meet the requirements, we encourage you to check BI1M Intern
What will I do?
- Serve as the main teacher for the assigned classes;
- Prepare lesson plans in advance of each class;
- Coordinate, track and report the progress of students;
- Manage the classroom and ensure students are engaged and actively participate in lessons and classroom activities;
- Be able to teach and follow the SOLS 24/7 English methodology, curriculum and syllabus;
- Assist the English Trainer in the class as needed.
- Be able to carry out all aspects of centre management and coordination to include administration and reporting (e.g. attendance reports, accounting, progress reports);
- Provide updates to SOLS 24/7 Malaysia HQ departments and maintain communication with management;
- Preparing and sending reports;
- Submitting communication materials;
- Assist in centre administration.
- Assist, support and promote community development projects and other community engagement activities;
- Participate in formal and non-formal functions of the community.
- Conduct interviews with students throughout the programme;
- Responsible of producing the creative materials for the assigned classes.
- Student recruitment and registration;
- Proactively engage students for retainment.
- NO English teaching certification or prior training is necessary or needed;
- SOLS 24/7 has developed it’s own teaching methodology, program and system and thus you will be trained in the SOLS 24/7 System of teaching language;
- Candidates who attend training will be initially be under a conditional offer. Only candidates who pass the training after an assessment will receive a confirmed offer.
- NO accommodation is provided for local candidates.
- Bonus and salary is subject to probation.
The Bahasa Inggeris 1Malaysia (BI1M) programme is a programme implemented by the Ministry of Finance in partnership with SOLS 24/7 Malaysia. It aims to provide free English training to all Malaysians of all ages nationwide, focusing on communication and spoken English. BI1M relies on integrated, dynamic and multicultural teams to deliver English training, teams will have 15 locations around Malaysia to choose from. Location placements are projected to be in June. The programme ends on the 1st of November and all trainers are required to commit the entire length of the duration. Upon completion, team members will be awarded certification from the Ministry of Finance.
BI1M Positive Learning Space
How to apply?
Complete the online application form available here
For further information, and for future correspondence, contact SOLS 24/7 Malaysia at email@example.com or +603 90549 247.
For email correspondence, please include the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email (Example: English Trainer- JohnDoe / International Facilitator-JaneDoe).