Power up Malaysia with English
Our English Trainers are the backbone for the BI1M programme. They are the main teachers providing English training, and we draw upon the experience of teachers that have been retired or retirees in general. There are part-time and full-time positions, with 15 locations around Malaysia to choose from. Deliver English to eager, keen-to-learn students and gain the fulfillment of teaching once again!. The training for trainers starts on 1st of June 2017.
Scroll down if you want to find out and apply
What do I get?
Allowance RM 1,500 per month + EPF and SOCSO;
Bonus of RM 1,000 based on performance upon completion of contract
What is working in BI1M like?
What do I need?
- Malaysian citizen;
- Minimum education requirement: Diploma (Certification in Education is an added advantage);
- Proficient in English; Written and verbal;
- Basic IT/internet knowledge and skills;
- Passionate about community development and nation-building;
- Leadership and management skills;
- Flexibility in working schedule, readiness to work in both conventional and non-conventional classroom settings;
- Demonstrated interested in education, NGO and poverty alleviation issues;
- Good communication skills;
- Able to follow and execute SOLS teaching system.
What will I do?
- Serve as the main teacher for the assigned classes;
- Prepare lesson plans in advance of each class;
- Coordinate, track and report the progress of students;
- Manage the classroom and ensure students are engaged and actively participate in lessons and classroom activities;
- Be able to teach and follow the SOLS 24/7 English methodology, curriculum and syllabus;
- Assist the English Trainer in the class as needed.
- Be able to carry out all aspects of centre management and coordination to include administration and reporting (e.g. attendance reports, accounting, progress reports);
- Provide updates to SOLS 24/7 Malaysia HQ departments and maintain communication with management;
- Preparing and sending reports;
- Submitting communication materials;
- Assist in centre administration.
- Assist, support and promote community development projects and other community engagement activities;
- Participate in formal and non-formal functions of the community.
- Conduct interviews with students throughout the programme;
- Responsible of producing the creative materials for the assigned classes.
- Student recruitment and registration;
- Proactively engage students for retainment.
- NO English teaching certification or prior training is necessary or needed;
- SOLS 24/7 has developed it’s own teaching methodology, program and system and thus you will be trained in the SOLS 24/7 System of teaching language;
- Candidates who attend training will be initially be under a conditional offer. Only candidates who pass the training after an assessment will receive a confirmed offer.
- NO accommodation is provided for local candidates.
- Bonus and salary is subject to probation.
The Bahasa Inggeris 1Malaysia (BI1M) programme is a programme implemented by the Ministry of Finance in partnership with SOLS 24/7 Malaysia. It aims to provide free English training to all Malaysians of all ages nationwide, focusing on communication and spoken English. BI1M relies on integrated, dynamic and multicultural teams to deliver English training, teams will have 15 locations around Malaysia to choose from. Location placements are projected to be in June. The programme ends on the 1st of November and all trainers are required to commit the entire length of the duration. Upon completion, team members will be awarded certification from the Ministry of Finance.
BI1M 2016 Class
How to apply?
Complete the online application form available here
For further information, and for future correspondence, contact SOLS 24/7 Malaysia at firstname.lastname@example.org or+ 603 90549 247.
For email correspondence, please include the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email (Example: English Trainer- JohnDoe / International Facilitator-JaneDoe).