Power up Malaysia with English
Running 15 teams across the nation is not an easy task. It requires well-developed systems of communication, cooperation and reporting. The Centre Administrator is the key contact person in the team at each location, being the primary link from the headquarters to the team on the ground. Tasks include coordination, scheduling, logistics and reporting. The training for trainers starts on 1st of June 2017.
Scroll down if you want to find out and apply
What do I get?
Allowance RM 1,800 per month
[EPF & Socso for Malaysians only]
Bonus of RM 1,000 based on performance upon completion of contract
What is working in BI1M like?
What do I need?
- Malaysian citizen;
- High English proficiency; Written and verbal;
- Minimum education requirement: Bachelor’s Degree;
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply;
- Proficient IT/internet knowledge and skills;
- Passionate about English training, community development and nation building;
- Leadership and management skills;
- Flexibility in working schedule, readiness to work in both conventional and nonconventional classroom settings;
- Demonstrated interest in education, NGO and poverty alleviation issues;
- Good communication skills;
- Excellent organization skills with great attention to detail;
- Thorough and methodical approach to work.
If you do not meet the requirements, we encourage you to check BI1M Intern
What will I do?
- Be able to execute independently or assist in all aspects of the learning center management and coordination to include administration and reporting (attendance reports, accounting, progress reports)
- Provide updates to SOLS 24/7 Malaysia HQ departments and maintain communication with management
- Preparing and sending a monthly report to the SOLS 24/7 Malaysia Headquarters
- Reporting via ipad.
- Submitting communication materials.
- Create, implement, manage and promote community development projects and other community engagement activities
- Involve the community in activities such as sports, community work, community clean-ups, etc.
- Participate in formal and non-formal functions of the community.
- Conduct interviews with students throughout the programme;
- Responsible to compile creative materials and deliver them to the SOLS 24/7 HQ.
- Student recruitment and classroom schedule development and management.
- Facilitate classroom activities and projects
- Assist the English Trainer in the class as needed
- Be able to teach and follow the SOLS 24/7 English methodology, curriculum and syllabus
- Be able and willing to train other center staff on the training and systems of SOLS 24/7.
- NO English teaching certification or prior training is necessary;
- SOLS 24/7 has developed it’s own teaching methodology, program and system and thus you will be trained in the SOLS 24/7 System of teaching language;
- Candidates who attend training will be initially under a conditional offer. Only candidates who pass the training after an assessment will receive a confirmed offer;
- Local candidates are not provided with accommodation at the teaching centre.
- Bonus and salary is subject to probation.
The Bahasa Inggeris 1Malaysia (BI1M) programme is a programme implemented by the Ministry of Finance in partnership with SOLS 24/7 Malaysia. It aims to provide free English training to all Malaysians of all ages nationwide, focusing on communication and spoken English. BI1M relies on integrated, dynamic and multicultural teams to deliver English training, teams will have 15 locations around Malaysia to choose from. Location placements are projected to be in June. The programme ends on the 1st of November and all trainers are required to commit the entire length of the duration. Upon completion, team members will be awarded certification from the Ministry of Finance.
BI1M Adult Class
BI1M Youth Class
How to apply?
Complete the online application form available here
For further information, and for future correspondence, contact SOLS 24/7 Malaysia at email@example.com or +603 90549 247.
For email correspondence, please include the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email (Example: English Trainer- JohnDoe / International Facilitator-JaneDoe).